How can I help assure my school district receives benefits from the School-based Services program?

School districts have been participating in the Medicaid School-based Services program since 1993, but recently Federal regulations changed to require the parent/guardian:

  • To be fully informed about the School-based Services program
  • To provide consent to release school records containing the student’s information to Michigan Medicaid and billing agencies for the purpose of participating in the School-based Services program
  • To understand that consent is voluntary and can be revoked

You can help by providing your written consent which allows your school district to continue to participate in the School-based Services program. In the times of reduced state funding for schools, all reimbursements are extremely important. For frequently asked questions about Medicaid in the schools click here.

—Help Us Help Them—

For more information about school services, contact your local school district.

If your family needs assistance, click here for more information or contact the Department of Human Services directly.

  • Kent County Department of Human Services

    • 121 Franklin St. SE
    • Grand Rapids, MI 49507 map
    • Phone: 616-248-1000 Fax: 616-248-1059
Michigan Department of Health and Human Services  - web link to MDHHS for additional information on Medicaid and other family assistance programs