The Great Start Readiness Program (GSRP), a state funded free preschool program for qualifying four-year-old children. The program requires children to be age four by September 1, 2016. Kent Intermediate School District provides support for GSRP classrooms in 18 school districts, and several community based organizations around Kent County.
Our Vision is to provide high quality early childhood experiences for children.
Through partnership with families, teachers and communities, our mission is to cultivate child-centered, play-based environments that support critical thinking skills, develop positive self-concepts and facilitate independence and competence - all of which build the foundation for lifelong learning for children in the Kent ISD Great Start Readiness Program.
- Positive interactions and relationships with adults provide critical foundation for successful learning.
- Social-emotional competence is a significant factor in school success.
- Constructive, purposeful play supports essential learning
- The physical environment affects the type and quality of learning interactions.
- Teacher-family partnerships promote development and learning.