Get Excited For GSD 2018
SO MANY AWESOME OPPORTUNITIES WILL BE AVAILABLE!
What Is Groundhog Shadow Day All About?
Have you started to look around your classroom and wonder, "What's Next?" or dream about the job you will do after high school?
Are you interested in pulling back the curtain of the world of work and spending the day with a mentor?
If you answered "yes" - #GSD18 is for you!
February 2, 2018
9AM - 2PM
You get to choose the role that is right for you - there are almost 300 roles to shadow for the day!
- Job shadow selections must be made by January 2, 2018 @ 11:59 PM
- No exceptions will be made so mentor partners will have ample planning time to create a great experience for participants.
- REGISTRATION INFORMATION WILL BE PROVIDED SOON. PLEASE CHECK BACK!
- Get an overview of the company’s industry, the day-to-day operations of specific departments, positions available, and requirements for successful employment (i.e., level of education, career pathways);
- Interact with a variety of professionals with different levels of responsibility, education, and experience;
- Engage in a hands-on activity or demonstration that reflects the skills required in that sector, if possible; and
- Preview current or recent projects so you understand some of the potential work demands required.
Need to Knows:
- It is your responsibility to make arrangements to/from your job shadow location.
- It is your responsibility to make arrangements with your school to have your absence excused. The Career Readiness team is happy to provide any details your guidance or administrative office required. (Tip: many schools will treat a job shadow experience similar to a college visit.)
Highlights From Last Year....