How To's - Developing a Grant Proposal
The following resources are intended to provide an introduction to grant writing. For additional grant writing courses, check out the Local Professional Development Opportunities page.
Offered through Grantspace, a service of the Foundation Center, this class will provide you with an overview of how to write a standard project proposal to a foundation.
Offered through Grantspace, a service of the Foundation Center, this tutorial will cover:
- How the proposal fits into the overall grant-seeking process
- What to include in a standard proposal to a foundation
- Tips for making each section of your proposal stronger
- What funders expect to see in your proposal and attachments
- Tips for communicating with funders during the grant process
- Additional resources on proposal writing, including sample proposals
Often, funders have a specific grant application you are required to use, but what happens when they don’t? The Council of Michigan Foundations created the Common Grant Application Form to help.
Like the Common Grant Application Form, the Council of Michigan Foundations created the Common Grant Report Form to use in instances when a funder has not provided a specific report format